Lawrence School Ooty

The School was setup on 6th September, 1858 in the memory of Major General Sir Henry Lawrence, KCB to provide education to the orphans and the other children of European soldiers in India. The school is housed in a place called lovedale in nilgiri hills, which is 7kms from the popular hill town Ooty. The area occupied by the school is 750 acres of land and located 7200 ft above the sea level. The school has an alumni association named the Old Lawrencian Association (OLA) and has chapters and branches in several major Indian and international cities. For more info visit http://www.thelawrenceschool.org